Friday, July 13, 2012

Ryan - 6 Months

my sweet baby boy,

I say baby lightly because this month more than ever before you have transformed from this little itty bitty infant that was happy to sleep most of the day and eat the other part to this amazing little boy full of personality and wants and desires...all in like the blink of an eye.  These 6 months have absolutely flown bye, really where did they go??


You weigh 18 pounds and are 27 inches long (will fill in the blanks on monday when we go to the doc).  You are in size 3 diapers, perfect fit for now.  You have been on formula and rice cereal from time to time but you hate it so I don't force the issue.  You had some watermelon this month to go along with your chocolate and frozen yogurt from months past.  I am so excited for you to start eating food, I can't wait to see your expressions.  You are okay with tummy time although still not in love, you kick your feet in the air so I think crawling is a way off.  Rolling over has happened twice but I am pretty sure both occurrences were last month.  You can pretty much sit up on your own with someone close, all by yourself you would fall over.  You love to stand, much more than sitting, but most of all you love to be held.  You are also starting to know who is holding you and becoming much more shy about going to strangers.  I kinda love the fact that you are obsessed with mommy holding you.  You are such a happy baby, smiling all day and drooling like a faucet. You are also soooo laid back and low key, really just amazing!!!


Your smile lights up the room, it's contagious.  Your eyes are still the bluest of blue.  And your personality is shy, happy, loving, and the sweetest little guy all wrapped into one beautiful chunky legged little boy.  You do this wonderful mixture of smiling...laughing...squealing....screaming thing that is so cute and sometimes even fake which I totally call you out on.  You are no longer happy just sitting in your car seat and watching us eat dinner, you want to be a part of it all and up and moving around most of the time (remind you of anyone???).


This month you went to your first Nats game, we got AC seats because it was 105 degrees outside.  You went to the pool twice, jury is still out on whether or not you like that scene.  You went to work with mommy and stayed home with daddy and Nona while I went away from your for the first time ever over night.  They were a very long three nights for me and I am pretty sure you were either very tired or mad at me when I got back, you hated the shark I gave you at the time which is now your favorite toy.  You (I don't want to jinx it) but are kinda back to sleeping through the night.  You love tv, are still obsessed with your play mat and kicking your feet, you put everything into your mouth including your entire hand fist included, and you are warming up/loving your jumperoo.  Your fave toy from the previous months "Mooey" is losing his lead to the Shark I got you at the Atlanta aquarium. 

While I can't believe it has been 6 months, a half of a whole year, I can't even remember me before there was you.  You are the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me and your dad.  Having you has made life a lot more simple and reminded us of the little things and how important they are.  We have pumped the breaks on our constant go go go 100 mph at all times lifestyle and just enjoy our time with you as much as possible.  You are one very special boy and we are LOVING every second of this life.  I wish you could slow down a bit and each day could go on for a week, but we are trying to live it up each day and get as many hugs and kisses and smiles as we can. 


You are absolutely amazing and we love you so so so much. 

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment