Sunday, May 13, 2012

4 months

Our Dear little boy~
This has definitely been my favorite month so far, I think I say that every month, but you have really come into your own.  You talk allllllll the time, I have no idea where you got that from, you smile and sometimes you even smile and make a noise that is soooo close to a laugh but not there quite yet, sort of a cackle.  Your legs go 100 miles a minute, especially when you are jamming out to the tunes in your jungle.
You had your 4 month check up and were 14 pounds and 25.75 inches long. You seem so big to us this month, but your are a little thing compared to the average.  You have the most squeezable chubby little cheeks and totally have rolls on your legs which are to die for.  When you look at us with those beautiful big blue eyes we melt every time.  You have found your tongue this month, you are always sticking it out, sucking on it, and blowing bubbles.  Your arms and legs movements have become much more controlled and purposeful.  You are in size 2 diapers, want nothing to do with your pacifier, you whip the socks we put on your hands at night across the room from time to time, and still a great sleeper.  We usually put you down between 8:30-9pm and you sleep right on through till 6:30-7am.   
You continue to light up our lives every single moment of the day.  You are totally a baby boy, you love to stand as much as possible until you collapse because your legs are tired.  You love kicking your mirror in the car because it makes the animals on there jiggle and then you laugh and yell at them, it's hillarious.  My favorite times, although I love them all, are first thing in the morning- you always wake up so happy and just talk talk talk, bath time- this has really become some real quality time for both of us, you are soooo relaxed and happy in the bath it is so special, and bed time- when you lay on your changing pad while I am getting your pj's ready you kick and kick and talk, and then I feed you a bottle, and rock you, love love love when you fall asleep on me.  I would let you stay there all night but I would never get any sleep which would make for a very grouchy mommy.
This month has been a month of new adjustments for us.  I went back to work which has proven to be the hardest thing ever, I miss my little man so much during the day.  I have found the only upside to the whole thing is coming home to your beautiful smile, there is nothing better!  Also, this month I decided to just bring you in the bath with me which has proven to be the easiest way so far and most fun for both of us, me, you, and the rubber duckies!!
Watching you grow and develop and become this amazing little baby boy has been the best and most wonderful experience.  I am anxious for the next day/week to see what will happen next, but also wish time would just stop for a few minutes so I can take it all in.  I have been working very hard at enjoying the moment and not looking ahead so I don't miss a thing.  Your smile is the most beautiful thing we have ever seen, your voice is the most wonderful sound we have ever heard, and the love we have for you is something you will never be able to wrap your little hands around.  We love you so so much, more than you will ever know!
All our love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment