Friday, April 13, 2012

Month 3

Our sweet little baby boy,

Once again you have seized to amaze us.  This month you have grown so much once again, my little tiny infant is no longer, you are a baby now, a very sweet baby boy.  And still you are sooooo darn cute and everything you do is just the cutest thing we have ever seen, we are absolutely amazed by you.


At 3 months you measured 13 pounds and 24 inches long, officially by Doctor Mom.  The biggest milestone this month was sleeping through the night!!!  At 8.5 weeks you slept 10 hours randomly and never looked back.  We get 8-10 hours out of you every night except for 1 or 2 exceptions.  Thank goodness you decided to do this because I am not sure I could have done the cry it out thing.  Your naps are totally random though and you sleep wherever you fall asleep and whenever you are tired.  In the morning most of the time it's in swing!  I told Shanna (your babysitter) the schedule was all up to her, keeps momma from being the bad guy and allows her to put you on the schedule with her kids!  The smiles are increasing and we melt and start getting so excited every time we see one coming - "baaaabe come here you gotta see this" every single time.  You have soooo much more 
control of your arms and legs and hands and feet and are so much stronger at holding your head up.  We like to sit you up to strengthen your neck muscles because if you never had to do tummy time again you would be a happy baby, not a fan of that tummy time stuff.  You are wearing size 2 diapers and eating about 5 ounces at each feeding, these feedings are getting closer and closer together, you are growing like a weed.  Breast milk during the day and mostly Enfamil at night. Your newborn clothes and even some of your 0-3 month clothing is all packed up.  Your personality is really starting to show through.  You are so laid back and chill which is absolutely amazing (not sure where that came from, certainly not my genes), you also have a very serious side to you.  Sometimes you are in a great mood and will "talk" to us and sometimes it's almost like you are really listening, your noises are to die for!!  Your favorite toy is "Mooey" the cow.  Daddy even made up a song he sings to you about Mooey!  Everytime Mooey is dancing in front of your face you are so happy!! (thank you Mark and Dianna for Mooey)

We love cuddling with you, still bring you into our bed in the morning and do some snuggle time.  I let you sleep on my chest (oops) all the time and I love it, even when you drool all over me!  You were very stuffy for a week or so every morning so one night we decided to put some towels under your mattress so you were tilted up, we wake up to no baby on the monitor, you had slid alllll the way down- we both freaked out haha but you were totally fine and most importantly not stuffy at all anymore. 
We celebrated your first holiday (excluding V-day) Easter this past weekend, you of course were the hit of the day.  Your Gma and Papa and Gpa and Nona were there of course as well as your aunts and uncles and so many others.  Everyone just loves holding you and oooo-ing and ahhhh-ing about everything you do!!  We had so much fun taking pictures of you and your family so we can remember these moments forever. 
It seems like you were born just yesterday and that I have known you forever all at the same time, it's a crazy/awesome feeling.  It also feels like it is going way to fast,especially now that I am back at work.  I adore every moment I get to spend with you and am hesitant to give you up even to people that don't see you often, I just love having you near me!!  My maternity leave is over and I already miss our days together more than anything, I have pictures of you literally all over my office.  We really packed it in during our 3 months together and did so much and I would do anything to win the lottery so we could do that forever.  Leaving you in the morning breaks my heart but I know me working will provide you with a better life.  You really are a perfect baby.  I asked my mom the other day how you love another one the same because I just can't imagine how I could possibly have more love in my heart then what I feel for you.


We are so in love, so in awe, so proud, sooo happy, so excited, and just couldn't ask for a more sweeter and lovable baby boy!  We look forward everyday to kissing those chubby cheeks and staring at those beautiful and big blue eyes.  You have completely lit up our lives and we have loved every second that you have been a part of ours.


Love you soooooo much!!!


Mommy and Daddy








No comments:

Post a Comment